- 192259 - RF Design Engineer 5
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- San Diego
- $60 to $90.00 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a RF Design Engineer 5 for an opening in San Diego, CA
• Responsible for all aspects of the RF and High frequency/microwave detailed design and development, including: system and module level design and definition, schematic capture, circuit design, derating and Worst Case Analysis (WCA).
• Prepare and present engineering design concepts and data results for IDR/PDR/CDR.
• Estimate task schedules and budgets (BOEs) for programs, proposals and IR&D efforts.
• Support internal peer design reviews, design verification testing of engineering unit and oversight of design through production.
Familiarity with transmitter and receiver architecture design:
Transmitter design: gain distribution, linearity, modulation formats (PM, BPSK, QPSK), synthesizer architecture, and EVM performance.
Receiver front end design: Noise figure, dynamic range, acquisition and tracking threshold, and BER performance.
System level simulation with modulated waveforms is desired.
Must be able to complete design/project goals with minor supervision.
Direct RF and microwave design experience.
Bench level troubleshooting and test equipment experience
Experience with EMI/EMC requirements and implementation methods to meet product requirements.
Experience with the challenges associated with designing space qualified hardware and an understanding of analog and IC circuit design are preferred.
Strong simulation experience is required with some of these tools: ADS, PSPICE, MWO, SystemVue, MATLAB, OrCAD, micro-cap.
Aerospace industry experience strongly preferred
BS degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 9 years of prior relevant experience OR a Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineer with at least 7 years of prior relevant experience.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT:
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.