- 192644 - Mechanical Engineer II
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II for an opening in Anaheim, CA.
Under general supervision, the Mechanical Engineer II is responsible for the mechanical layout and packaging of power conversion equipment and other shipboard electronic systems. This person generates equipment layouts that satisfy system requirements and account for tradeoffs among thermal, mass properties, structural and manufacturing considerations.
1. Interprets customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical designs.
2. Applies the Inventor 3D CAD system to create mechanical layouts and drawings.
3. Develops detailed fabrication and assembly drawings and performs tolerances analysis.
4. Designs interconnecting brackets and support structure between components and subsystems.
5. Generates project cost estimates and selects components for various designs.
6. Performs some thermal and structural analyses under the guidance of lead mechanical engineers.
7. Generates engineering design change orders and performs some checking work.
8. Uses established and well defined engineering procedures.
9. Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
10. Takes directions from project engineer or department manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Must have 3 to 5 years’ experience and/or training in mechanical engineering*
1. Practical experience with 3-D CAD (Autodesk Inventor [preferred]) and analysis software tools. Autodesk Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)/Mechanical or ANSYS is preferred.
2. Good communication skills
3. Practical experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
4. Working experience with design and/or structural analysis of electronics modules and cabinets.
5. Working experience with design of cooling systems for electro-mechanical systems.
6. Must have knowledge of Mil-Specifications and/or commercial standards (e.g. ASTM, SAE, ASME) for design, hardware, materials and processes, and testing
7. Able to obtain security clearance.
8. Demonstrated experience on quick turn design, hands-on problem solving
9. Demonstrated self-starter, focused on task execution, attention to detail and execution
10. Quick learner – if asked to do different things without experience, willing to listen, learn and excel
11. Experience with Mil-Specification mechanical design and drafting tasks as well as change control.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Electro-Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university.
SHIFT: 8AM to 5PM/9/80 Work Week.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.