- 192778 - Expeditor
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Simi Valley
- $23 to $28.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Expeditor for an opening in Simi Valley, CA.
• This position reports to the Purchasing Manager.
• Follows company policies and procedures in procurement and represent the company while dealing with outside vendors.
• Responds to requests from the Cost Estimating Department to provide current supplier lead time quotations.
• Maintains a professional working relationship with suppliers to ensure their continued support to provide quality products and services in a timely manner.
• Performs in a supporting role in resolving supplier issues with respect to product on-time delivery schedules and vendor concerns/complaints.
• Informs necessary personnel of items in short supply, problems, and purchases varying from the standard company policies.
• Acts as a liaison for rejections and vendor complaints.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have a strong working knowledge of MRP in a manufacturing environment and the ability to modulate with a dynamic workload from heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads to focused, detail-oriented work during critical projects. Must be able to coordinate and manage special projects, as required while adhering to all company policies, procedures, and ethics codes to ensure that they are communicated and implemented within each project. Needs to be able to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing. Must possess a thorough knowledge of purchasing, manufacturing, and inventory operations.
A two-year college degree or the equivalent education and experience, and one year purchasing experience in a high-technology manufacturing environment are required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.