- 192930 - Mechanical Engineer
- $90 to $100.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for an opening in Wilmington, MA.
• Knowledge of system level thermal design & development, payload level integration and test, and risk mitigation for space-based environments
• Perform thermal design and analysis tasks on complex mechanical hardware including precision mechanisms, electro-mechanical devices, aerospace mechanism design, complex electronics packaging, supporting space-based deployable mechanisms, avionics, innovative thermal and ground based systems
• Create and analyze design concepts using FEA & thermal analysis software.
• Program support also includes requirements derivation and verification, system architecture development, loads derivation, trade studies, design sensitivity/optimization studies, preliminary and final design analysis, generation of analysis documentation (including presentation materials, and deliverable data packages), and leading system test activities
• Organization of thermal design and analysis as an IPT lead; frequently interfacing directly with customer technical leads and management.
• Documenting and presenting design & analysis results to customers at formal gate and design reviews.
• Development of thermal test plans to manufacture and test payload sensor systems
• Support new business opportunities and mentor junior level staff
• Work multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing situations
• Proficiency in thermal analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop (preferred), Sinda, Thermal Fluent, Icepak, etc.
• Experience with thermal vacuum testing
• Experience with thermal analysis of mechanical and electronic systems, in space, air or ground environments
• Strong analytical skills with emphasis on using and/or directing finite element analysis (FEA)
• Experience with finite element analysis software
• Able to support design decisions with well documented engineering analyses and calculations
• Able to analyze problems and to focus and drive down to the root cause of problems quickly
• Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is a plus.
• Experience with Microsoft office tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.