- 193222 - Material Management Specialist
- $22 to $30.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Material Management Specialist in Batesville, IN.
Coordinate and expedite the flow of parts purchased from the Hill-Rom supplier base. Control and maintain inventory from the supplier's dock to our production lines.
- Other duties may be assigned:
- Plan and place purchase orders for production components ensuring that parts are received in the quantity required, when needed. Proactively and reactively manage and expedite component part shortages by identifying issues and internal problems.
- Control number of days of inventory on hand by reducing lot sizes, increasing replenishment and shipping frequency, etc. Maintain and control usage and replenishment of supply items.
- Manage MOQ and safety stock to ensure product is delivered as needed with no excess stock. Coordinate with sourcing so MOQ and price are in alignment with available warehouse space and delivery time needed.
- Work with internal departments to proactively and re-actively adjust purchase orders due to customer order changes, price changes and engineering changes.
- Return reject purchased product.
- Track product perishability.
- Assist accounts payable with invoicing issues.
- One to two years materials experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) programs and production scheduling software
- Ability to work in a face-paced environment
- Decision-making skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- JD Edwards experience preferred
- High School Diploma minimum
- Full time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.