- 193360 - Aircraft Mechanic II
- San Antonio
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 40 Aircraft Mechanic II's (Electrical) located in San Antonio, TX.
This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft electrical systems and electrical components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight control systems, engines, flight deck, routing, terminations, connector building and troubleshooting, applies technical knowledge of aircraft electrical systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as schematics or manufactures' manuals. Job requirements: must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft electrical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft repair, must have thorough knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, and bond meters. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
• Perform connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
• Ability and understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
Adhering to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees.
• Perform all duties of lower Electrical classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Accredited High School Diploma or Equivalent
6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.