- 193751 - Assembler Cell Technician
- $15.5 to $16.00 DOE
- 6+ months
- Chipton Ross is seeking Assembly Cell Technicians for openings in Shawnee, OK.
Assembles parts to form complete units or subassemblies at a bench, conveyor line, or at an assigned location. Uses hand tools, small power tools, and other special equipment. Refers to technical drawings and written directions. Reassembles or reworks units as required. Provides guidance to less experienced light assembler as needed. High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Communicate with peers, area supervisor and area engineer to ensure a quality product and internal/external Customer satisfaction.
- Perform scrap and time card entries at the end of each shift.
- Read and use routing sheets, ATS specifications, and assembly/test instructions and booklets to properly assemble and test hydraulic motors. Use routing sheets, operating instructions, and surface appearance templates to properly assemble gerolers/geroters. Troubleshoot issues.
- Properly select, assemble and identify characteristics of parts involving the pressing bearings, fitting and alignment of shafts, seating seals, spacers, and retainers.
- Visually inspect parts for defects and adjust/align parts for proper fit as needed.
- Properly use and maintain all gauging and assembly equipment.
- Perform supportive maintenance duties.
- Perform cell housekeeping duties on each shift along with provisional standards meeting 5-S requirements.
- Perform tasks as necessary to meet other ELS requirements, i.e. set-up reduction, CFM, error proofing, etc.
- Perform procedures necessary to ensure compliance with the Eaton Safety Process and ensure the personal safety of the incumbent including eye safety, hearing conservation, machine safety guards, ergonomic movement, lock out/tag out, SDS procedures, and OHSA regulations.
- Assist in maintaining an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing departmental and plant goals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor.
A high school diploma or G.E.D
One of the following:
- A minimum of 6 months manufacturing or repair experience in similar production environment
- Completed Vocational School training, which includes comparable experience.
- Demonstrate basic computer data entry skills.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed, in a teamwork environment
- Demonstrate basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of assembly terminology
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in documents such as geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach and use ladder up to 8 hours a day, occasionally up to 12 hours a day
- Vision to accurately read all necessary production documents and computer monitor screens
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. frequently and occasionally 50 lbs. or more (*essential: lift 30 lbs. regularly, not above shoulder height, to the extent that limited jobs with this requirement exist).
2nd shift Assembly Cell Technician - $16.00 - 2:55pm to 11:00pm
3rd shift Assembly Cell Technician - $16.00 - 10:55pm to 7:00am
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.