- 193827 - Materials & Processes Laboratory Technician 2
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a MP&P Technical Analyst 2 for an opportunity in Tukwila, WA.
Performs tests and assists in analysis of materials, processes and equipment. Participates in test development, assists in routine analysis of failed parts and processes, generates data to aid in the evaluation of the failure mechanism and documents findings. Assists in developing and revising documents and technical requirements. Participates in the evaluation and qualification of materials, suppliers, equipment, technology and processes to ensure that conformance and producibility requirements are met. Supports continuous improvement of products and processes by participating in the design, fabrication and testing of new concepts and technology.Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Conducting research, tests and analysis to support the development of new materials and devices
• Reading and following test plans
• Troubleshooting processes to identify issues and improvements
• Mixing, injecting, and testing new resin formulations
• Coordinating testing of coupons
• Experience in a developmental laboratory environment or similar experience
• Ability to perform multiple diverse tasks with minimal direct supervision
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work in a team environment and independently to accomplish the goals of the group
• Ability to listen and communicate effectively and write clearly and concisely
• Ability to combine technical knowledge with creative thinking and resourcefulness to identify viable solutions to complex problems
• Experience developing processes.
• Familiarity with chemical processes (accurately measuring and mixing polymer formulations)
Top 3-5 Technical/Software Skills needed to perform this role/job:
o Design Concepts & Techniques
o Engr Knowledge/Comprehension
o Systems Thinking
o Continuous Learning
o General Lab skills
o Ability to work well with your hands
o Attention to detail
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor, 3 years' related work experience, etc.).
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.