- 193891 - Accountant 1
- $16.84 to $21.06 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Accountant 1 for an opportunity in Minnetonka, MN.
Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures. Generate and respond to inquiries regarding billings and collections from internal and external customers. Post daily cash receipts received through bank account. Maintain Cash receipt records and the related period reconciliations. Reconcile Treasury Cash Account on a weekly and monthly basis to account for all receipt details.
1. Download daily cash receipts from the bank and match the receipts to the open invoices.
2. Investigate any receipts with insufficient remittance detail utilizing customer AP contacts, Contract Billing Analysts or the individual Business units.
3. Support cash receipt inquiries, including audit and customer questions.
4. Prepare journal entries and obtain the supporting documentation to ensure accuracy of the data. i.e. Bad debt, misc. cash, employee payments, etc..
5. Prepare cash Inter Divisional Transfer (IDT) entries for misdirected cash moved between Corp Investment Accounts.
6. Reconcile applied receipts with weekly Treasury bank account summary and investigate any discrepancies. Make balancing entries to correctly allocate cash receipts to the accurate business organization. Respond to inquiries specific to cash balances.
7. Partner with the locations and Treasury to work through all issues, correcting any transaction, driving consistency and making improvements to the cash receipt process as the role evolves.
8. Reconciliation of all Accounts Receivable general ledger cash accounts (Blackline) on a monthly basis.
9. Identify process improvements and corrective actions and work as the owner to initiate these changes as they relate to the cash receipt process.
10. Participate in the integration of new business to FSS and own the cash receipt process. Work with legacy functional owners to transition responsibilities.
High school diploma or equivalent required with at least 1 year of experience.
High school diploma/GED required.
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x254 or (800) 927-9318 x254
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.