- 194026 - Product Review Engineer 5
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 10 Product Review Engineer 5 s located in North Charleston, SC.
Applies knowledge of client design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle. Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances. Applies engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions. Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution. Develops and implements product/process improvements. Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment. Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards. Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment. Participates in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team. Analyzes damage repair or structural modification to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment. Designs interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis. Develops non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards. Conducts simple static strength analysis.
• Applies knowledge of client design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
• Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
• Evaluation and analysis of airplane production discrepancies of all types, such as functional test, chemical & thermal processes, raw materials, parts, assemblies, and airplane installations, resolution of parts and/or design repairs/rework on components, assemblies incorrectly designed, incorrectly built, incorrectly installed or damaged.
• Product Review Engineers represent engineering on the Material Review Board (MRB), responding to questions and concerns from manufacturing and engineering organizations.
• Additional duties are to evaluate engineering /production data to determine corrective actions necessary for the elimination and prevention of chronic errors.
• The Product Review Engineer works across all functions to ensure corrective action is implemented. Designs responsibilities include review/approve design revisions to enable improvement in production processes, with coordination across all functions to ensure design engineering concurrence.
• Product Review Engineers are expected to demonstrate innovative approaches in process improvement activities and the ability to work with multiple disciplines within engineering, manufacturing and other organizations.
• When working with suppliers, Product Review Engineers review and audit MRB activities for domestic and foreign suppliers.
• Candidates must be willing to work on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift along with weekends.
• This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “Us Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• ABET accredited engineering degree
• Engineering degree in the field of Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, and Aerospace/Aeronautical.
• Must be willing to work variable shifts, including weekends and overtime. Some positions may also be rotating shifts.
• Current or previous Materials Review Board (MRB)
Accredited Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Candidates must be willing to work on 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift along with weekends.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.