- 194174 - Electrical Engineer
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for an opening in Clearwater, FL
Primary job responsibility is to support Receiving Inspection and Production Operations with engineering guidance related to inspection, product compliance, specification interpretation and defect disposition. This is accomplished by providing hands on support on products encompassing a wide range of electro-mechanical and electrical disciplines.
Additional SQE activities include review of program contractual and drawing requirements and flow down of requirements on purchase orders and providing support to Procurement for supplier quality activities on commodity and/or subcontract procurements. Also responsible for basic quality services including: supplier evaluation, verification of special processes, part acceptance planning, defect analysis, timely root cause and corrective action implementation for affected products. Implements preventive actions to reduce defects, analyzes effectiveness of supplier root cause and corrective actions to eliminate repeat escapes. Makes recommendations on potential supplier usage based on cost, inspection of facilities, risk assessments, and historical performance. Successful candidates will also need to provide reporting on hardware and supply chain quality metrics utilized to manage SQA and supplier performance. Some travel may also be required.
• Knowledge of Supplier Quality and/or Quality Engineering
• Manufacturing processes, materials, and/or component engineering experience
• Experience with AS9100, ISO9001:2000, and first article inspections
• Casual Analysis experience
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
Ability to learn new systems (procurement, manufacturing execution, etc.) quickly.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions, set priorities and provide direction in a dynamic business environment
• Experience developing and maintaining positive working relationships with suppliers, internal and external customers
• Ability to read and interpret drawings and industry specifications
• Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis (RCCA) and process management
• Experience multi-tasking while working challenging projects from start to finish
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Level 2: BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.