- 194175 - Cable Assembler
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Cable Assembler for an opening in Clearwater, FL
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on cabinet assemblies which includes installing cables, subassemblies and circuit card assemblies. Ability to work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts, and use hand and/or power tools. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications. May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test production or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications. Expected to read and comprehend assembly parts lists, assembly drawings and any related reference documentation. Builds in accordance with IPC-620 quality standards. Troubleshooting of process parameters to improve yield.
• Must have good manual dexterity
• Strong mechanical build experience accurately interpreting written work instruction, drawings, sketches, and wiring diagrams.
• Experienced with working in an Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) environment
• Experienced with working with hand tools used in the assembly of cables and cabinet assemblies
• Experienced with working with hand tools
• Knowledge of cable termination including familiarity with crimping specifications and use of both automated and hand crimping tools
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Good computer skills with ability to work from electronic work instructions
• Use of manual and automatic wire strippers
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.