- 194178 - Assembler
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Clearwater, FL
Rework SMT components.
• Perform modifications per Engineering Change Orders.
• Inspect assemblies to ensure IPC-A-610 quality standards are met.
• Inspect components and identify common component and soldering defects and improper use of flux and PCB cleaning
• Modify and repair products in accordance with applicable documentation and procedures.
• Perform finely detailed work on component boards and utilize fine pitch solder on components.
• Utilize Bill of Material (BOM), Engineering Change Orders, and process work orders to ensure each unit is correct to new/current specifications and maintain 100% accuracy, functional operation, and quality.
• Remove and replace PTH components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, integrated circuits, transistors, switches, fuses, connectors, transformers, inductors, LED's) and SMT components (discrete components, gullwing and J Lead components).
• Utilize standard work documentation, with diagrams, photos, and written/verbal instructions as well as personal judgment based on specialized knowledge to rework product units per procedures.
• Ensure workmanship and quality of product.
• Work on multiple and varied assignments and be able to recognize and indicate where any deviation from accepted practices is required.
• Prompt and regular attendance is required in order to ensure quality workflow.
• Other duties as requested in order to ensure 100% quality, accuracy, and product verification.
• Communication: Must possess both oral and written skills to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
• Computer: Have basic Microsoft Office skills and be able to learn Word, Excel, Access, software.
• Assembly and Inspection: Perform the necessary actions to assemble and inspect to ensure quality performance; including knowledge and application of IPC-A-610 quality standards. The applicant must pay close attention to detail while working in a high-volume, fast moving, quality oriented, and high-stress environment.
• Initiative: Be self-motivated and be able to work as a team member in a continuous improvement environment.
• Technical Ability: The applicant must have experience removing and replacing components (resistors, capacitors, diodes, integrated circuits, transistors, switches, fuses, connectors, transformers, inductors, LED's, discrete components, gullwing and J Lead components). Applicant must have experience with SMT fine pitch components (lead width < 50 mil). Must have experience identifying common component and soldering defects, including the proper use of flux
• Experience working in a LEAN Manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership, mentoring and training aptitude
• IPC-610 Certification
• IPC J-STD-001 Certification
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• At least a minimum of three (3) years’ of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.