- 194188 - CAD Operator 3
- Up to $53.53 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking five CAD Operator 3's for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The selected candidate will be responsible for creating drawing/design packages with proper content and to ensuring compliance with applicable industry and military standards. Duties will include reviewing designs for fit, function, manufacturability, and economy of fabrication. This includes review of tolerance analysis, hardware selection and fitment on assembly prints. The candidate shall be well-versed in GD&T and will be called upon to resolve interpretation issues on drawings. Additional duties include verifying 3D models submitted to manufacturing utilizing Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter. Responsibility will further include liaison with various engineering disciplines, Manufacturing, and Quality. Some vendor liaison will be required as well.
Additional responsibilities to include modeling fully defined components and assemblies efficiently using Siemens NX 12 managed with Teamcenter, and create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards.
1. Create and review mechanical drawings with appropriate personnel verifying completed work, checking dimensions, materials and quantities to be used.
2. Mechanical modeling using NX 12 managed with Teamcenter.
3. Create/Revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME 3D modeling and drawing standards.
4. As requested, may supervise and direct the activities of staff.
5. Perform related duties as assigned or required.
o Knowledge of Word, Excel, Windows and NX 12 as required.
o Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
o Ability to work quickly and accurately while under schedule pressure and exhibit a large degree of patience.
o Strong time management and organizational skills.
• 2 year Technical Degree in Drafting or Engineering and 10 years directly related experience or BS in Engineering and 7 years of related experience.
• Must be experienced with geometric dimensioning and tolerating per ASME Y14.5-2009. GDTP Professional Certification Preferred.
• Must be experienced with weld design per AWS D17.1 and D1.1. AWS CWI certification Preferred.
• Experience working with DoD programs preferred.
• Must have knowledge of standard manufacturing processes including CNC Mill and Lathe operations.
• Must be experienced with Siemens NX 12 and Teamcenter.
• A working knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and Mil-Standard 100 is also desired.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Candidate must be comfortable working extended periods of time at a work station.
Associate's Degree is required. See requirements.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.