- 194245 - Procurement Specialist
- $25 to $45.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Procurement Specialist for an opening in Plano, TX
The Procurement Specialist will be integrated with the assigned programs/business area and is responsible for procuring goods and services to support program requirements, interfacing with suppliers, and ensuring compliance with Government and corporate policies and requirements.
• Performs daily procurement activity by processing requisitions and performing appropriate analysis in order to meet desired cost and schedule requirements in support of manufacturing and program activities.
• Addresses quality concerns in collaboration with Quality Assurance, Program Engineering and/or Operations Engineering.
• Develops and enhances relationships with strategic supplier/partners; serves as the primary contact with suppliers, and supports the initial qualification and then fostering a positive and mutually beneficial relationship with suppliers and their management.
• Actively works to support the development of new technologies and supplier capabilities.
• Drives cost savings and quality improvement projects.
• Coordinates quality issues with suppliers as required and manages supplier returns.
• Reviews open invoices and insure timely three way match requirements to keep suppliers current.
• Reduces procurement cost and improves responsiveness by analyzing supply chain and commodity trends, measuring and reporting results as well as enhancing established procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be independent and able to work with little direction.
• Analytical problem solving capability.
• Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
• Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
• Experience sourcing electronic and mechanical custom components; particularly Circuit Card Assemblies.
• Professional certifications from ISM, APICS, or other procurement related certifications.
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint.
• Experience or education with a MRP system.
• Understands and clearly communicates design specifications to suppliers, including the ability to read and comprehend complex part drawings and specifications.
• Experience with Import/Export Compliance.
• Familiarity with Government regulations/requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, ITAR, and FARS/DFARS.
• Familiarity with quality management systems, such as ISO or AS.
• Strong analytical background.
• Experience working and interfacing with Suppliers, Manufacturing, Inventory Management, Quality, and Engineering.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• BA/BS in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or other related field.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.