- 194266 - Plant Controller
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Plant Controller for an opening in Rochester, NY.
25% - Provide financial leadership and support to all levels of plant and corporate management by providing timely and accurate reporting
and analysis for actual results, budget and forecast needs concerning plant financial data. Provide trend, key data, statistical or other adhoc analyses as requested. Update plant and corporate management regularly to ensure that any significant financial issues or areas for
concern are raised and addressed timely.
• 25% - Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly close including an understanding of all plant variances, impacts of inventory
counts on results and cost center charges. Identify any need for manual financial statement adjustments and submit journal entry requests
to Business Operations Accounting for review and posting. Provide support to production in the analysis of these variances and in the
development of product costs.
• 15% - Control all plant financial functions pertaining to inventory and the production operation in order to accurately state the plants
financial position. Provide support and guidance to the plant staff to ensure that the “true” cost to manufacture products is captured; Bills
of Materials regularly reviewed and maintained, absorption rates and methodologies verified, costing updated as needed. Coordinate with
Business Operations Accounting to ensure proper reserves are maintained for both production and supplies inventories at all plant and
• 15% - Organize, develop and manage plants’ annual budget activities (variable and fixed costs), to include total cost to manufacture.
Validate appropriateness of allocation of costs to produced products.
• 10% - Involved actively in plant operations to observe and communicate meaningful financial impact of plant activities along with results;
provide recommendations to improve performance and enhance strategic decisions. Advise and provide guidance to plant staff on the
management of plant spending.
• 5% - Safeguard the plant assets by conducting physical observation of inventory and fixed assets, as required by company policy. Ensure
that any required adjustments are recorded timely or communicated to Business Operations Accounting, if a manual journal entry is
required. Coordinate with project managers and Business Operations Accounting to ensure capital projects are capitalized timely and
depreciated appropriately by the Business Operations Accounting team.
• 5% - Ensure compliance with sales/use tax and property tax activities. Develop and implement systems to ensure prompt and accurate
audit completion. Support plant safety goals and objectives. Assist in internal and external audits.
Travel estimated at 10-15%
• Requires working additional hours outside of normal work day/work week to meet certain deadlines throughout the year.
• Serving various internal customers’ needs including, Plant, Finance, and Business Management, without compromising the integrity or
timeliness of accounting responsibilities.
• Ensuring the continuity of the financial close and high quality standards at all locations.
• Ensuring that all financial data for the business is accurate and timely reported to all customers.
• Successfully handling the workload relative to the available resources.
• Continuing to add value to the business.
• Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
• 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
• In Depth knowledge of general accounting principles
• Some experience in a manufacturing environment; Process Manufacturing a plus
• Experience using SAP or other ERP system a plus
• Ability to create ad-hoc and moderately complex analyses
• Proficient with Excel - pivot tables/more complex functions
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.