- 194270 - Propulsion Engineer 3
- 12 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 10 Propulsion Engineer 3's for an opportunity in Everett, WA.
Defines requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems. Defines, coordinates and controls the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle. Develops specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Configures or designs propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria. Uses various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance. Defines and performs certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components. Supports fielded systems to assure continued reliability. Develops concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements. Works under general direction.
• Perform risk analyses and other statistical analyses to support all client commercial airplane programs with respect to propulsion in-service safety and reliability.
• Evaluate and support supplier (mainly engine companies) risk and statistical assessments with a focus on assessing the validity of their technical and statistical assumptions.
• Provide statistical analysis support and collaborate with Industry committees.
• Collaborate with Propulsion Safety and Risk Analysis Experts to develop new tools and approaches for analyzing safety and reliability risks.
• Life Data Analysis, Reliability Growth, Monte Carlo and Fault Tree Analysis experience
• Design of Experiments and Probability of Detection experience
• understanding of jet engine and fuel systems fundamentals (mechanically and operationally)
• Programming in R
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Top 3-5 Technical/Software Skills needed to perform this role/job:
o Air Vehicle propulsion
o Analytical skills
o Analyze and interpret engineer data
o Design concepts and techniques
o Propulsion system tech Dev
o Propulsion System Test and Certification
Accredited education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Potentially domestic travel - rarely less than 5%
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.