- 194393 - Engineer Mechanical 1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $51.16 to $62.97 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking three Engineer Mechanical 1's for an opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA.
• Performs mechanical and metallurgical tests in accordance with internal and external specifications for products and processes.
• Preparation of test samples by sectioning, mounting, grinding, polishing of specimens
• Hardness testing: Rockwell and Vickers
• Macro and micro photography
• Basic metallurgical testing; coating thickness, case depth, etc.
• Use of mechanical load frames to perform tensile, compression and shear testing
• Analyze, record and report results
• Set up, operate and clean laboratory equipment
• Assist Operations and Engineering on various non-standard test/inspections as required
• Test preparations for bonded assemblies
• Chemical lab testing: chemistry, viscosity, water content, etc.
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering with applicable experience in a Metallurgical Test Lab.
• 0-3 years of experience
• Working knowledge of industry and military standards related to materials testing
• Foundational knowledge of mechanical tests such as, but not limited to, impact, tensile, compression, and shear testing
• Foundational knowledge of metallurgical tests including sample preparation for microstructural analyses and various test methods such as, but not limited to, microhardness, chemical composition, case depth and grain structure determination
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 workweek. Position is 100% onsite. No opportunity to work remote is available.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.