- 194536 - Engineer Communication Systems 2
- $25.2 to $31.51 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Communication Systems 2 for an opportunity in Cincinnati, OH.
We are seeking Digital Signal Processing Engineers who are self-motivated, energetic individuals and have a strong background in digital signal processing applied to the RF domain and wireless digital communication systems.
The DSP Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary program team responsible for architecting, designing, testing and deploying next generation, specialized communication systems critical to US intelligence customers and allies. As a DSP Engineer you will provide technical leadership in mission analysis and trade studies, algorithm design, sub-system design & development and participate in integration and testing of the overall system.
Our programs are engineering intensive, rapid development jobs for diverse SIGINT/EW applications. Main focus areas are advanced waveform development, Low Size Weight and Power (Low SWaP) processing systems, specialized space communication payloads and persistent signal surveillance systems. We’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, on the ground, air and space.
• BS Degree in Electrical, Computer or related Engineering discipline with 5 years of experience, OR MS Degree in Electrical, Computer or related Engineering discipline with 3 years of experience, OR PhD Degree in Electrical, Computer or related Engineering discipline with 0 years of experience
• MATLAB/Octave proficiency is required.
• Experience leading technical teams
• Proficient with MATLAB/Octave, with a digital signal processing focus
• Proficient in C/C++, embedded SW design in Linux/UNIX and RTOS environments
• Experience with wireless digital communication systems, in particular modern digital modulation techniques and modem design
• Experience with RADAR and EW signal processing algorithms
• Experience with RF receiver development, including system link budget and sensitivity analysis, ADC and receiver noise analysis, and baseband conversion and processing
• Digital design experience and FPGA development experience in VHDL, is a plus
• Experience with X-Midas, GNU Radio or software-defined radios
Bachelors degree. See requirements.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.