- 194546 - Microelectronic Technician 1
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Manhattan Beach
- $13.46 to $18.22 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking three Microelectronic Technician 1's for an opportunity in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Performs a variety of duties to support the research and development of new microelectronic, opto-electronic, micro-electromechanical and sensor manufacturing processes, devices, components, or systems, semiconductors, semiconductor-based integrated analog or digital circuits, micro-electromechanical systems, sensors systems, and related technologies. Develops and applies inspection and test procedures for micro-components and micro-systems.
1) Visual Inspection of GaN, GaAs and InP semiconductor circuits, for Commercial and Flight customers. Perform detailed microscope inspections of III-V semiconductor wafers and chips (sub-micron technologies), then accurately document results by taking photos and entering into database.
2) Dicing and sorting chips to Commercial or Flight inspection criteria and transferring them into separate waffle trays with the use of vacuum pick-up tool or tweezers.
3) Automated Visual Inspection Tool operation and recipe programming. Would program recipes in computer controlled inspection tools, Run wafers using automated inspection tool and do defect review using defect review software.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Meticulous and focused, good manual dexterity, able to work with small/fragile parts, high degree of patience, quick learner (can memorize a large amount of procedures, then apply to wafers they are processing), excellent decision making and communication skills needed. Expertise with 50x-1000x Optical microscopes and two (2) years related experience in microelectronics inspection (especially wafer fab) is required.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, computer skills are a plus.
Computer controlled inspection programming experience is desired, but not required. Experience using Eyelit manufacturing execution system is preferred, but not required.
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Typical 4/10 Shift work schedule:
- 1st Shift: 4am-3pm Monday-Thursday
- 2nd Shift: 2:30pm-1:30am Monday-Thursday
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.