- 194562 - Assembler
- $18 to $24.00 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Bristol, PA
This position performs staking, masking, conformal coating application on electronic assemblies in a high reliability environment. This is a very manually intensive process requiring escalated attention to details skills.
• 1 year experience in electronics manufacturing environment
• IPC-610 Certification Cl. III
• J-STD-001 Certification
• Ability to read and interpret BOM’s, Work Instructions, Travelers, blueprints, Routers, and Engineering Change Notices to include Engineering modifications and designs.
• Ability to work independently and also contribute as a team member
• Able to follow written and oral instructions
• Perform a variety of tasks associated with the application of conformal coating, potting compounds and adhesives to electronic units IAW documented processes/instructions
• Perform necessary engineering changes, modifications, and/or repairs as directed
• Expertise and use of specialized hand tools (torque screwdrivers, dispensing equipment, spray guns, various masking techniques)
• Correctly generate detailed assembly records documenting actions taken
• Must be able to follow travelers depicting assembly sequences
• Interface with quality representatives, manufacturing engineers, and/or customer representatives to ensure the highest possible quality on product manufactured in the time allotted and/or required
• Visually inspect work previously performed by others and self
• Must maintain expected quality standards
• Maintain established ESD, housekeeping and safe work environment requirements
• Basic PC navigational skills required to obtain required documentation, and for timesheet preparation
• Must adhere to required EH&S recording, handling and usage procedures
• Perform other duties as directed by supervision
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.