- 194574 - Aeronautical Engineer
- CA-Northern California
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aeronautical Engineer for an opening in Palmdale, CA
A successful candidate will apply extensive technical expertise to develop solutions to aircraft structural design problems and investigate and disposition non-conforming parts and assemblies on-site and in the field. This position will require a successful applicant to work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches for a design task. Also required is ability to manage high volumes of tags requiring MRB recommendations, possible interaction with customers, suppliers, manufacturing, flight test, procurement, Quality Assurance, Production Operations and various other engineering disciplines.
• Development, test, and validation of aircraft structural designs.
• Creating or modifying 3-D CATIA models, assemblies and installations, system requirements, interface/supplier control drawings, performance specifications, system checkout procedures and statements of work.
• Creating system requirements, trade studies, sub-component and flight test plans.
• Coordinating with suppliers, internal and external integrated product teams.
• Providing manufacturing, component test and ground/flight test support.
• Investigating and determining root cause and recommending corrective actions for component failures.
• Serving as the prime technical contact for airframe structure and repair.
• May function in a project leadership role managing the system performance, budget and schedule.
BS+16 YRS or MS+14 YRS
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.