- 194595 - Sr Quality Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- Santa Rosa
- $45 to $47.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Quality Engineer for an opening in Santa Rosa, CA
Oversees program quality, including, but not limited to, contractual quality flow downs and development of internal quality plans. Provides support of Material Review Board (MRB), Change Control Board (CCB), manufacturing, inspection instructions, and the Company’s AS9100 Quality Management System and ensures customer satisfaction and confidence by ensuring service processes and procedures are followed
• Performs supplier quality surveys in support of company’s approved supplier base.
• Provides quarterly WSO supply chain performance metrics.
• Manages contract quality requirement planning, flow downs, and related inspection instructions.
• Performs as quality engineering representative for the Material Review Board (MRB) and Change Control Board (CCB).
• Provides Quality Engineering support to manufacturing and test groups when required by the Quality Assurance Manager or as part of a core team.
• Administrates or individually performs root cause and/or failure analysis using TOPS 8D or similar methodologies.
• Supports company-wide continuous improvement opportunities and initiatives.
• Reviews history files; ensures all documents are complete, accurate, and legible.
• Supports the WSO property administrator by measuring compliance by auditing logs, storage areas, equipment, and assemblies and maintains documentation of results and corrective actions.
• Disposes of repair items by determining what repair activities need to take place once the root cause of the failure is isolated, updates failure reports, works with service administration to send items to suppliers for repairs, ensures all CFM items are accounted for and NCR aging does not exceed 30 days.
• Works with service and production technicians to conduct out bound audits (OBA) of completed systems; inspects med files prior to shipment, logs results, and includes them in the med file.
• After document reviews, signs both shipping request and C of C documents which allows return shipment to the customer.
• Performs as FAA Part 145 inspector, as required.
• Performs as a core team member for service related activities for WBO and/or WSO service, as required.
Support of Company’s AS9100C QMS
• Investigates trends from TIPQA data under the guidance of Quality Management or Engineering, interfaces with Manufacturing Engineering on areas requiring investigation, updates quality processes for continuous improvement, and generates special reports with input from management and/or engineers.
• Develops, revises, and implements internal procedures in support of company’s AS9100C system.
• Supports outside registrar activities including surveillance and registration audits, as required.
• Supports the development, calculation, and corrective action plans for Operational Excellence metrics.
• Participates in Kaizen events.
• Acts as team member for FOD, 5S, and/or ESD, or other WSO initiatives.
• Participates in quality improvement teams.
• Able to work independently.
• Able to manage and minimize conflict, quickly understand the issues, and develop effective solutions.
• Able to take initiative to assist others.
• Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline or a combination of education and professional experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.