- 194600 - Engineer Mechanical 2
- $35.89 to $44.87 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking eight Engineer Mechanical 2's for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products. Generally work from preliminary studies developed by higher graded engineers. Analyze requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems. Select applicable analytical data from previous products, determine the technical principles involved, mathematically define the problem and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the product. Release results as design data after review by higher graded engineer. Develop original ideas and elaborate on preliminary design concepts. Evaluate completed design with supervisor and other technical groups and make modification necessary to achieve the most ideal design. Develop and coordinate the conduct of test programs requires to evaluate design work.
1.Based on specific stated objectives, performs analysis, design, or test of one or more complex materials, structural components or functional systems of company products. Use advanced structural and product design engineering software tools. Solid knowledge of GD&T principles and application to designs.
2. With minimal guidance, studies basic design concepts and criteria for complex materials, components, or functional systems. Applies engineering principles to adapt or improve upon heritage features from previous successful designs of a similar nature.
3. Makes an extra effort to provide quality customer service. Constantly seeks new sources of information and provides information necessary to meet customer needs.
4. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes. Demonstrates a willingness to seek creative, new and different ways to accomplish outcomes.
5. Perform complex engineering design, development, analysis, and/or test activities to support assigned projects.
6. Develop test programs as needed to evaluate system elements, such as materials, structural components, etc.
7.Manage test activities and test article fabrication, including documentation of results.
8. Determine engineering tasks required for project planning and execution.
9. Interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
10. Perform research for related engineering projects.
11. Represent the organization as a contact on projects.
Requires BS in Engineering & 3 years or Masters in Engineering & 1 years
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.