- 194614 - Software Engineer
- CA-Central California
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Burbank, CA
Software Engineers install and configure packaged software. Systems Engineer / System Analysts design and manage projects through Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Systems Analysts design, and help write, build, test, and implement the software code that enables computer systems to perform specific tasks.
Full lifecycle application development
Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
Software modeling and simulation
Front end graphical user interface design
Software testing and quality assurance
Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
Support, maintain and document software functionality
Integrate software with existing systems
Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
Maintain standards compliance
Implement localization or globalization of software.
• Develop New Feature Sets & Enhance Existing Application: The Sr Software Engineer will work closely with the Product Manager and Technical Lead to develop solutions within the application suite that meet the business needs. They are responsible for developing solutions that adhere to a strict level of security. Customer and company data must always be protected and appropriately coded or configured to meet security requirements set by our Cyber Security Office.
• Post Deployment: This role will maintain and upgrade the application suite following deployment. They will manage the end-to-end life cycle for the application suite. This developer will oversee and guide the analysis, coding, and deployment of the application suite, consistently reviewing trends to ensure that we simplify/streamline the application suite as much as possible. Troubleshoot problems that arise while debugging issues with their own code. This role will work with the support teams to ensure first and second level support to end users, guaranteeing that issues are clearly understood before proposing / implementing solutions. Th Sr Engineer will enforce the logging of all customer tickets, document support actions, and update status information into the service ticketing system.
• 4+ years of experience with ReactJS (or similar web frameworks), NodeJS, HTML/CSS, NoSQL, jQuery, PolymerJS
• 1+ years of API and microservices development experience. Not only development and management of APIs but a track record of integrating third party APIs.
• Knowledge of standard source code management and build tools such as Jira, Git, GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
• Working knowledge of Linux, MongoDB, AWS Cloud Services (Lambda, SNS, S3, CloudFront, EC2, SWF, etc.) and automated build, test and deploy pipelines.
• Experience working in Agile (Scrum / Kanban) methodology culture
• Experience working in cross matrixed teams
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Proven ability to stand up agile processes and coach the teams through the procedures
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent professional experience.
• Expertise in ReactJS
• Content Management, Production and Financial process acumen
• Experience in Media & Entertainment Industry
• Consumer Products experience
• Understand business requirements and translate into technical design specifications
• Implementing new and migrating existing workflows in Workfront SaaS platform
• Utilize applicable application configuration and development toolsets to build, configure and/or test solutions that adhere to design specification and business requirements.
• Provide t-shirt size estimates as well as detailed estimates through product and sprint grooming processes
• Lead design and implementation of new user stories and bug fixes.
• Provide technical direction and support to the rest of your team
• Ability to guide teams to ensure application features are of highest standard & meet business priorities
• Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Perform unit, QA and/or load testing where applicable. Write test scripts, define test data, and think through boundary conditions and code paths. Comprehensive testing covering all aspects of an application: performance, security, usability, and end-user experience.
• High degree of commitment, independence, and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work
• Stay current on new technologies and trends, and proactively expand technical and functional skills within their Application Areas.
• Clearly communicate with technical and non-technical team members, verbally and in writing.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.