- 194701 - Demand Planner
- CA-Bay Area
- Santa Monica
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Demand Planner for an opening in Santa Monica, CA
The Demand Planner is responsible for managing the portfolio demand plan at multiple levels of aggregation, using statistical models within SAP APO/IBP leveraging insights from Sales, Marketing, and Finance. The Demand Planner ensures consensus across all plans, including sales targets and financial plans with operational plan. The Demand Planner works closely with his/her peers to develop and drive best practice processes with focus on planning optimization and continuous improvement.
· Maintain short term forecast and promotional volume in APO (Demand Planning Tool) utilizing POS trends, promotional plans, Financial/Sales/Marketing plans
· Document forecast methodology, inputs, assumptions, and cycle change drivers
· Maintain KPI scorecard to monitor and optimize forecast performance on an on-going basis
· Product Portfolio Analysis, Distribution network and comp-style mapping
· Generate weekly allocation for limited supply SKUs
· Partner with Supply Planning and Logistics to successfully manage product transitions, both new product introductions and end-of-life, collaborating on inventory consumption strategies
· Demand Planning master data management (CVC creation)
· 2-3 years’ work experience in relevant field (Supply Chain, Forecasting, Demand Planning, Metrics, Reporting) CPG industry with a specific emphasis on Planning or Supply Chain functions preferred
· High proficiency in Excel (strong knowledge of Lookup, Logical and Math functions, Pivot tables, Charts, Conditional formatting, Slicers) (Power pivot/query preferred)
· Ability to thrive in an environment with evolving processes and a high degree of ambiguity
· Think on your feet - Ability to think strategically and execute tactically with a persistent attention to detail
· Familiarity with planning applications and ability to learn new systems quickly
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills, root cause analysis, ability to prepare data in different ways to support decision making
· Self-motivated Team player - Ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally
· Solid communication skills, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
Good understanding of Demand Planning Processes, including KPI calculation. (Strongly preferred)
Deep knowledge and experience in SAP - APO/IBP
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or related field with undergraduate statistical analysis or engineering focus
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x260 or (800) 927-9318 x260
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.