- 194830 - Engineer Tool 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- $54.31 to $67.88 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Engineer Tool 3's for an opportunity in Palmdale, CA.
A successful Principal Engineer Tool Designer (TD) shall be able to design simple to complex tooling, Drill Jigs and Assembly Jigs, Dies, via Catia/NX to support production. This person shall be able to conceptualize these designs in 3D, detail the CAD model and detail the drawings for fabrication. These drawings shall be properly laid out using views and dimensions that are in compliance with ASME Y14.1-5 standards.
The TD, while being the principle contributor and/or leader, shall work with internal/external customers, and colleagues to ensure that the design meets the customer needs and see it through each phase of the engineering process (Design, Fabrication, and Implementation).
In addition, it is essential that this person have the ability to mentor less experienced engineers, work autonomously and in a team environment, adapt to processes and company policy while providing input or methods of process/design innovation.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Execution/Lead/Coordination of design and fabrication requirements for tools and fixtures with customers, both internal and external.
• Performing tolerance analysis to ensure form/fit/function.
• Conduct root cause failure investigations and implement associated corrective actions.
• Lead and Assist Product Development Team with new product designs to ensure manufacturability, validate process/technology.
High school diploma/GED.
• Direct experience designing in with 3D CAD e.g. CATIA, NX, CREO etc.
• Direct experience in the application/use of GD&T in accordance with ASME 14.5
• STEM Degree (Science, Technical, Engineering or Mathematical)
• Composite experience and process knowledge
• Direct Tool design experience of medium to large scale tooling
• Direct Aerospace Tooling experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.