- 194907 - Senior Accounting Specialist
- NJ-New Jersey
- $50 to $60.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Accounting Specialist for an opening in Camden, NJ
• Prepare general account reconciliations including detailed reconciliations between the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
• Prepare journal entries to support monthly financial closings.
• Support monthly and quarterly financial reporting tasks
• Prepare and review documentation to support compliance with Internal Controls over Financial Reporting.
• Participate in the development of accounting procedures and workflows related to Corporate accounting policy updates.
• Support internal and external audit requests.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment
• Deltek Costpoint, IBM Cognos, and Hyperion Financial Management systems experience preferred.
• Advanced Excel skills preferred
• Solid working knowledge of GAAP
• US Government defense contractor industry experience preferred
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Must be a self-starter and take responsibility for identifying and solving problems.
• Ability to work independently and with other team members
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.