- 194990 - Assembler
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Layton, UT.
• Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations.
• Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
• Minimum 1 year of experience using hand tools and/or hand-held power tools
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with precision measuring tools (Torque wrenches, scales, etc.)
• Minimum 1 year of experience in manufacturing, fabrication, or assembly processes and procedures
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience reading engineering blueprints/drawings
• Minimum 1 year assembly experience
• Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities data needed for defining delivery configurations (e.g., design definition, program directives, and engineering drawings, change memos, wiring diagrams and schematics, functional tests, supplier data).
• Ability to differentiate production (manufacturing) processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
• Knowledge of shop processes to include Foreign Object Damage/Debris (FOD) prevention, material handling, safety, calibration requirements and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).
• Knowledge of quality systems (e.g., inspection process, Boeing quality procedures).
Accredited High School diploma or GED equivalent
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.