- 194995 - Systems Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $40.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer for an opening in Pleasanton, CA.
• Participate in performing system integration, testing, and troubleshooting of complex instrumentation including electrical, mechanical, fluidics and software components and provide data-driven recommendations.
• Design experimental plans, perform studies and analyze and communicate results and their impact on the project through written reports, presentations and interactive discussions.
• Quickly design and build prototype sub-systems for feasibility studies & provide in-depth analyses of their capabilities.
• Contribute ideas for development, support other functional teams in development efforts.
• Strong, hands-on ability in prototyping, system integration, & debug of complex instrumentation, including optical, electrical, mechanical, fluidics and software components.
• Experience in systems engineering processes, from requirements capturing, risk & hazard analysis to statistical power in verification and validation.
• Familiar with design, modeling, simulation, and data analysis & acquisition tools, such as SOLIDWORKS, R, JMP, MATLAB, Python, Excel, LabVIEW, etc.
• Proven ability to work independently and with multi-functional teams from all levels across the organization.
• Ability to identify and provide solutions to complex problems and familiar with methods & tools as Design of Experiment (DOE), root-cause analysis (RCA), failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), etc.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Self-motivated executer, initiator and agile learner.
• Understanding of molecular biology techniques (qPCR, CE, next-generation sequencing, microarray), microarray chemistry and DNA synthesis knowledge is desired but not required.
• Bachelors or master’s degree in bioengineering, biomedical engineering, systems engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or physics.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.