- 195045 - Assembler
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for an opening in Clearwater, FL
• Uses microscope to verify correct part placement and orientation, manually align parts before soldering and perform post re-flow inspection and touch-up.
• Able to identify and touch up poor wetted solder joints, solder voids / insufficient solder, solder shorts/ bridges, misaligned parts / leads, tombstoned and or billboarded components and any out solder defects that may occur during the SMT operation.
Must be able to read instructions and identify standard SMT components.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment where some overtime may be required.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time and focus on tedious tasks.
• Must have basic computer skills and have the ability to use several windows based programs as part of your daily routine.
• Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
• Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies.
• Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
• Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar position and have above average surface mount and fine pitch soldering skills.
• Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time to perform inspection / solder repair.
• Must be able to read and interpret assembly drawings.
• Strong communication and organizational skills and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• IPC-610 Certification
• IPC J-STD-001 Certification
BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
4/10- 1st Shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x239 or (800) 927-9318 x239
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.