- 195062 - Principal Optics Engineer
- $60 to $75.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Principal Optics Engineer for an opening in Alphretta, GA
Be involved with the requirements generation, systems design, and development and testing of our avionics products
• Defines system architectures, interface definitions, key capabilities, performance requirements, and maturity constraints that meet mission requirements
• Utilizing photometric equipment: photometers, colorimeters, spectroradiometers
• Generating Requirements Traceability Verification Matrix (RTVM) and Design Verification Testing (DVT) reports.
• Creating Interface Definition Documents (IDD’s) and Interface Control Drawings (ICD’s)
• Utilizing engineering tools for requirements capture, such as DOORS, JAMA, etc.
• Working with commercial and military communications protocols (RS-232, ARINC 429, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC 664 (AFDX) and ARINC 818 (Fiber)
• Working with internal Senior Engineering Management and Program Management providing direct support to external customers throughout the product development lifecycle
• Experienced in behavioral modeling / simulation (e.g. UML modeling with use-cases and sequence diagrams), peer reviews, configuration, and change management.
• In depth understanding of Optical Characteristics of flight displays with additional knowledge of functions of Glass Manufacturer OEM’s.
• Proven ability to successfully plan Systems Engineering tasks for a project, meet schedule, cost, and performance goals during execution phase.
• Familiar with ARP-4754A, ARP-4761 and MIL-STD- 882E system and safety development process.
• In depth familiarity with the FAA and MIL certification processes, associated supplemental type design, and Technical Standard Order (TSO) requirements.
• Familiarity with high-level objectives of DO-254, DO-178B/C and DO-160 development processes
• Prior experience providing technical engineering documentation for proposal development and/or response
• High-level understanding of manufacturing build, test, quality and customer acceptance review processes
• Prior experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and/or cross-\functional Engineering team
• Experience working with Engineering Leadership / Program Management providing direct support for internal and or external customers
• Prior experience working on multiple concurrent projects with competing deadlines
• Proven experience and understanding of requirements capture, design, and decomposition methods.
• In depth working knowledge of system validation, verification, and integration processes for highly complex product developments.
• Fundamental understanding of Radiometry, Photometry, and/or Color Sciences
Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineer and/or related Degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.