- 195108 - Engineer Aeronautical 2
- $48 to $53.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Aeronautical 2's for an opportunity in Elkton, MD.
• Conduct performance analyses in support of solid rocket motor propulsion system design and verification activities.
• Independently develop methodology and mathematical models to match the physics of the system under evaluation including proper analysis methods/tools, proper boundary conditions, and appropriate material properties
• Assist project team in design of experiments testing to provide necessary data to support detailed analyses.
• Interpret analytical results and develop recommendations pertinent to system improvement.
• Prepare and present technical reports and presentations of work product to both internal and external customers.
• Provide technical assessments of test hardware and test data including validation of analysis
• Provide technical mentorship and assistance to less experienced staff
• Support propulsion and subsystem IPT leads to ensure technical and cost execution of each system component.
• Form close working relationships with the customer technical community and specific customer technical points of contact.
Bachelors in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 3-5 years of experience or a Masters Degree with 2 years of experience.
Experience in rocket motor ballistics performance predictions would be ideal, if not desire experience in computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
School must be accredited.
9/80 work schedule. High likelihood of a hybrid work schedule with 2 days onsite/2-3 days work from home
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.