- 195136 - Warehouse Shipper
- 12 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking an Warehouse Shipper in Milwaukee, WI.
Worker Retention Bonus
3 months- the worker gets $300 bonus
6 months - the worker gets another $600 bonus ($900 total)
Attendance is a must. Cannot miss more than 3 days unexcused
Site visit will be conducted prior to any offer
The position works with other Hillrom Shipping and Receiving Associates servicing departments within the company that require materials to be received and delivered in a timely and accurate manner. They provide a very critical function assuring us that we accurately receive within our business system purchase orders for productive and non-productive materials and services. They also receive Service (SRO’s), customer returns (RMA’s) product and demo equipment (WTO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – Other duties may be assigned:
• Receive all incoming materials, supplies, equipment and returned goods.
• Check received goods against purchase orders or receiving papers.
• Check quantity, type, size, part numbers, dimensions, etc. to properly identify materials.
• Route or deliver materials to predefined storage or manufacturing locations.
• Provide assistance to Accounting, as needed, to resolve invoicing issues.
• Load and unload trucks.
• Submit recommendations to management to improve the receiving process and record keeping.
• Look and report opportunities within all of Operations and our business system to improve efficiency and eliminate waste.
• Assist in shipping, material handling and assembly departments as needed.
• Comply with our ISO 9001 13485 Quality System standards.
• Maintain the 5S (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain) program for your area.
• Approve and sign receiving documents submitted by the carrier(s).
• Sign all receiving documents that pertain to a product receipt (i.e. packing slip, C of C, etc.).
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• At least 1 year of experience within receiving and inspections practices within the electronic industry.
• Good math and reading skills.
• Strong computer skills.
• Fluent in English for both written and oral communication.
• Effective at communicating with both internal and external customer’s changes and sensitive situations.
• Strong personal skills to work with others under minimal supervision.
• Ability to work well in a fast pace environment.
• Must be a team-player, possess outstanding customer service skills and be self-motivated.
• Acts with a sense of urgency, illustrates ambition, and drives for completion of tasks and projects.
• Must have the ability to initiative and develop creative solutions.
• Possess the ability to manage time and prioritize critical priorities.
• Must demonstrate the ability to increase knowledge.
-High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.