- 195167 - Material Distribution Handling Support 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- $21.22 to $26.52 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Material Distribution Handling Support 3 for an opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
Performs a combination of manual and clerical shipping and/or receiving duties which may require the use of hand trucks, forklifts, and other devices, as well as computers to maintain data. Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment. Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials; prepares records of materials shipped and bills of lading; routes materials to destinations. May lay out, fabricate, and assemble nonstandard shipping crates and boxes, and prepare parts and tooling for special shipment. Operates material equipment, such as Forklift as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Receives incoming materials or prepares materials for shipment.
• Weight and measures items and refers to packing sheets, and other forms in order to determine proper packaging of items and shipment in accordance with transportability codes.
• Wraps and packs items using preservative and packing materials in accordance with transportability codes.
• Uses hand tools and other equipment to construct packaging per packaging instructions. Operates material equipment, such as Forklift as required.
• Preserves raw materials by applying rust and corrosion deterrents. Arranges fumigation of containers when stipulated in contract.
• Receives, maintains and returns reuseable containers.
• Responsible for maintaining established work standards.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma and 3-5 years of experience.
1) Previous or current forklift experience and/or certification – will need to obtain new cert
2) Warehouse/packaging/shipping & receiving experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
School must be accredited.
5/40, Second shift 12-8:30
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x182 or (800) 927-9318 x182
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.