- 195178 - Engineer Test 2
- $38.1 to $47.62 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Test 2 for an opportunity in Dulles, VA.
Requires strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audience.
Maintain processes and procedures for the development and test of spacecraft software systems. Coordinate integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations. Document and disposition software discrepancies, pursuing root cause, and corrective actions. Design and develop tooling to aid in the integration and test process.
What you’ll get to do:
• Maintain processes and procedures for the integration and test of ground software
• Coordinate integration activities with supervisors, program engineers and various customer organizations
• Document and disposition software discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions
• Design and develop tooling to aid in the integration and test process
• Develop testing strategy and user acceptance testing plan
• Plan, coordinate, and lead program level test events at Factory and at Operational Site
• Develop and documents step-by-step test cases based on the software needs elicited by mission owners and software developers
• Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test object developed and test environments used
• Collaborate with development team to understand and assess operational impact to the users
• Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics to provide weekly and/or monthly status to the management team
• Evaluate the operational readiness of a software application prior to the release or production, ensuring system compliance with external interfaces in a common operating environment
• Test a system in the actual or simulated environment that it designed for with users of the system in realistic operational conditions.
• 5+ Years with Bachelors in Software or Systems Engineering or Computer Science or closely related discipline (or 3 Years with Masters or closely related discipline or 1 year with a PhD)
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in software and systems testing, experience in development and deployment of satellite ground software preferred
• Experience writing operational test plans and test cases
• Experience with full systems development lifecycle for software maintenance, development, and/or implementation projects
• Experience in ensuring full functional testing of new features being added every sprint, with a focus on operational impact and assessment
• Demonstrated experience in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
• Experience with running commands/scripts via command line (bash or Linux of both)
• Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket)
• Experience with Container Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
• Experience in using risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute operational test cases for mission unique software
• Ability to interact with development team and operational users to assess current software gaps, develop testing strategies, and recommend solutions for testing operationally relevant objectives
• Ability to assess overall operational effectiveness of a system to accomplish the specified mission, with consideration to functional stability, interoperability, training, and capability to meet defined mission outcomes
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
5/40 work week. Must work onsite in Dulles M-F. Position requires 10% CONUS Travel.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.