- 195194 - Specialist Integration Test Engineering
- Up to $46.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Specialist Integration Test Engineering for an opening in Alphretta, GA
Specialist Integration Test Engineering position requiring extensive knowledge of test equipment hardware and software design disciplines that will be used in the design and support of test equipment.
• Develop special test equipment (STE) design specifications and test requirements
• Conduct preliminary design review of STE design architecture
• Identify STE hardware and software required to meet specification requirements
• Develop STE detailed design documentation that includes design drawings, schematics, wire lists, and bill of materials.
• Identify and develop documentation that defines communication protocols from STE to device under test
• Develop STE software architecture requirements that provide a hardware abstraction layer for lower level interfaces with commercial and custom hardware defined in the STE specifications.
• Conduct critical design review of STE design architecture
• Assist in the identification and procurement of STE components
• Develop STE software
• Assist in the development of acceptance test procedures
• Develop STE design validation and hardware maintenance procedures
• Perform STE design verifications
• Prepare associated STE documentation and software in support of configuration management activities
• Participate in proposal preparation for STE design activities
• Manage and track STE development tasks in support of EVMS activities
• Strong work ethic and strong leadership skills with solid communication, interpersonal management and relationship building skills being a must.
• Strong technical, analytical and critical thinking / reasoning skills.
• Working knowledge of RS-422/485, MIL-STD-1553, RS-232 and other serial protocols
• Working knowledge of DVI, ARINC 818, SMPTE, and VGA video protocols.
• Familiarity with CPLD/FPGA and microcontroller designs.
• Working knowledge 10/100/1000 Ethernet hardware and protocols. (Copper/Fiber Optic)
• Experience in the design of high density mixed signal cabling for rugged environments.
• Highly skilled in troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision making under the guidance of peers/superiors when appropriate.
• Applies engineering theories/concepts/principles to achieve technical specifications and objectives. Completes assignments and projects within a set schedule. Works effectively in a team environment.
• Proficiency in operating electronics laboratory equipment including: digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes (DSO, Mixed Signal), signal generators, DC power supplies, etc.
• Works with other disciplines to support goals of the business. Possesses foresight in identifying future problems and proposes potential solutions to the team (proactive).
• Software design experience using National Instruments LabView and Teststand.
• Background in test for military customers including qualification and EMI testing.
• Background in a military electronics manufacturing environment.
• Strong Office tool skills along with a general instrumentation hardware and software knowledge.
• Test set architecture and design experience.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.