- 195254 - Lab Technician
- $24 to $26.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lab Technician for an opening in Cincinnati, OH.
1. Accessioning patient samples into Platform for Science
2. Extraction of DNA or RNA from swabs samples using extraction techniques and instruments
3. PCR amplification of DNA fragments from the extracted swab
4. Pharmacogenomic genotyping using TaqMan-based qPCR assays and reagents
5. Review and publish sample results
6. Act as a group lead for weekend shift by showing accountability and maintaining timely and accurate analysis of samples
7. Ability to think critically and troubleshoot appropriately to problem solve in an independent and timely manner
1. Adhering to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures for specimen handling and processing, laboratory testing, data analyses, and test record maintenance.
2. Performing proficiency testing on samples or as part of internal proficiency testing.
3. Adhering to the laboratory’s quality policies, safety policies, instrument and procedural calibrations, and instrument maintenance policies.
4. Recognizing problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either correcting the problem or notifying the appropriate supervisor.
1. Clinical or other laboratory experience required
2. Supervisory experience recommended
Successful completion of a 4-year science degree
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x251 or (800) 927-9318 x251
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.