- 195269 - Systems Administrator
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Administrator for an opening in Littleton/Waterton, CO
The candidate will be a System Administrator for a brand-new enterprise WAN solution: DarkStar!
The candidate will be responsible for driving new capabilities within the DarkStar team. The selected candidate will closely work with the Systems Engineer to design, develop, and implement new capabilities across the entire infrastructure. This will include high performance compute (HPC) system, a brand-new DarkStar Cloud solution utilizing Open Shift and more. Knowledge and familiarity with San Storage Hardware and System configuration as well as Windows OS is required. Candidate must be comfortable working in environment supporting a large number of different platforms which range from small/midsize servers to enterprise servers and supercomputers. Candidate will be responsible for operating system installations, upgrades, configurations, software installation, and secure technical implementations. Knowledge of various protocols such as DNS, NFS, CIFS, Samba, SSL, SSH, SFTP, SMTP, and system and network tuning and configuration.
• Experience/hands on with RedHat Open Shift containerization
• Demonstrated Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7+ Administration and Configuration
• Demonstrated Windows Server Administration and Configuration (eg 2012, 2016, 2019)
• Demonstrated experience with configuring and deploying physical and virtual servers
• Experience with patching process’ on Windows & Linux
• Experience with Script Writing, Ansible, Python or other automation/scripting tools
• Fiber Channel (SAN and Direct Attach) Storage Array Administration Experience
• Substantial understanding of IT systems
• Basic network configuration and troubleshooting
• Demonstrated ability to work seamlessly across organization boundaries
• Self-starter with the ability to spot potential for process improvement
• Capable of building effective relationships with teams and subject matter experts
• Experience with disaster recovery, backup/restore functions
• Experience with Trusted Multi-Level Security (MLS) Operating Systems
• Experience using Certificate Authorities (CA) and Public Key Infrastructure
• Specific experience customizing SELinux (targeted or strict) policy for the purpose of
hardening the OS and Software applications such as Apache and Oracle.
• Basic network configuration, particularly on Linux Hosts and Cisco & Juniper routers/firewalls
• Experience with implementation and sustainment of network time protocol (NTP) distributed servers
• Experience with Domain Capable Windows/Linux/Virtualization
BS+6-10 YRS or MS+4-8 YRS
4/10- 1st Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.