- 195310 - Engineering Technician D
- CA-Central California
- Up to $23.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineering Technician D for an opening in Anaheim, CA
The Engineering Technician will utilize electrical engineering skills to aid in the integration, test and development of all engineering prototype assemblies, while working closely with the Sr. Test Engineers, Design Engineers and Project Engineers. This includes preparation of test and trouble reports under minimal supervision.
The Engineering Technician is a key member involved in all Test facets of an Engineering development project including; proposal preparation, design reviews, test plans, top/sub assembly test procedures, integration, Qualification test procedures and testing, Environmental testing, failure analysis, and test facilities and equipment. The ability to work with minimum oversight by supervisors is expected, as the Engineering Technician may be assigned to Engineering teams in addition to teams within the Technical Support group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Key member of a project team facilitating the completion of large qualification tasks.
2. Write detailed test procedures as needed to support the test group in performing testing.
3. Follow all Safety requirements.
4. Follow all Quality requirements.
5. Ensure Good Engineering Practices are followed.
6. Perform estimates of labor and material required to complete contract proposals.
7. Work to drawings, parts lists, Engineering Orders, wiring lists, diagrams, and schematics.
8. Interface with engineering personnel assigned to the project.
9. Interface with customer representatives under the direction of Program Management.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Knowledge of drawings, parts lists, Engineering Orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics and failure analysis.
2. Extensive knowledge of related test equipment used to test power and digital systems, e.g. DSO, Power meter/analyzer, network analyzer, and logic analyzer.
3. Knowledge of and experience with Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) processes and practices, and the use of proper PPE around energize electrical equipment.
4. Experience and knowledge using CAD software, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office.
5. Experience and knowledge of test fixture development including, design, component selection, parts list, and validation.
6. Excellent ability to troubleshoot to component level and identify Root Cause of Failure.
7. Possess good problem-solving skills to address engineering Program issues.
Ability to read and interpret English language documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write detailed technical reports, correspondence, detailed technical procedures, and failure analysis documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to create and interpret various graphs to display a number of performance issues such as metrics, schedule, and earned value.
Ability to apply problem-solving techniques to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to recognize and report any unsafe working conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate though at time may require the use of hearing protection.The employee will be exposed to electrical power generating equipment, both static and rotating as well as motor driven and diesel engine/turbine engine driven generators.
BS degree from college or technical school, BSEE preferred. Requires highly developed job knowledge/skills. Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience. and/or training as a Test Engineer
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x246 or (800) 927-9318 x246
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.