- 195319 - Sr Systems Integration Inspector
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Sr. Systems Integration Inspector for an opening in Huntsville, AL.
Perform all required inspections operations on mechanical, electrical and electronic parts, assemblies, tooling and software during receiving, fabrication, assembly, modification, rework, repair, installation, test and shipping in a team environment. Participate in or conduct First Article inspections of mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment for completeness and conformance with applicable drawings and specifications. Coordinate with engineering, customers, vendors, production workers and other Quality Assurance people as required to complete given tasks. Provide technical assistance while solving problems and recommend corrective action to be taken to prevent recurrence of rejections. Shift assigned will be based on bargaining unit agreements.
• Use and interpret DoD, NASA and Client blueprints, specifications, directives, documents, manuals, inspection plans and other similar information pertaining to Quality Assurance.
• Set up and operate measuring instruments and equipment necessary to accomplish work assignments.
• Follow inspection and statistical sampling procedures to accept or reject materials and adjust inspection levels.
• Interpret statistical process control charts and coordinate corrective actions and adjustments with quality engineering.
• Move materials from place to place within the work area. This material can include not only parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies, but also tools, jigs, equipment, documentation, and other supplies as necessary for inspection and or assembly/test of products. This may include the packaging or unpackaging of raw material and/or finished products.
• Setup equipment and perform tests on various products and assemblies using manual, semi-automatic, or automated test devices.
• Witness, evaluate, certify and record certification testing data and maintain personal certifications as work requires.
• Inspect incoming and outgoing shipments for proper identification, quantity, damage, packaging, paperwork, shipping instructions, and perform appropriate dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and inspection.
• Review recurring discrepancies to ascertain cause and corrections required.
• Review completed inspection records to assure compliance with pertinent written directives and other program direction.
• Conduct internal reviews to assure compliance with the Quality Manual and other procedures such as Quality Instructions, Sampling Plans and Operating Procedures.
• Prepare and edit reports for approval by supervision.
• Assist Manufacturing QA Manager in continuous process improvement efforts.
• Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Maintain licenses, permits and certifications required to perform assigned work.
• Perform other duties as assigned within general job classification.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with circuit card and/or electronics manufacturing
• Experience working to J-STD with Space Addendum
• More than 3 years of experience performing dimensional, composition, non-destructive, destructive and/or inspections.
• Experience with gathering data and performing a Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
High School Diploma or Accredited GED.
FULL TIME/VARIABLE SHIFT
WORK HOURS: Must be able to work any of the following shifts: 2nd shift: 2-10:30pm, 3-11:30pm or 3rd shift 10:30am-5:30pm
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.