- 195340 - Information Science Specialist 4
- Remote Work
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Information Science Specialist 4 for an opening in Remote, WA.
Provides advance and detailed information to business partners regarding enterprise vocabulary standards and governance
Provides guidance on vocabulary management activities and fosters collaboration with cross functional teams throughout the enterprise to support the digital enterprise
Provides leadership and guidance support with semantic modeling of controlled vocabularies
Displays extensive knowledge of taxonomy and ontology development practices as well as basic linguistic structures
Demonstrates ability to set team priorities and work individually and collaboratively within a diverse and changing environment.
Provides leadership and guidance on the development of documentation and training materials on vocabulary management and semantic interoperability.
Provides leadership, guidance and assists in the development of enterprise standards for vocabularies and classification
Provides guidance on the preparation of statistical and narrative reports on controlled vocabularies and related activities by leveraging familiarity with industry best practices
Demonstrates strong interest in professional growth and development to enhance skills and knowledge of current trends in information architecture and semantic interoperability.
Cultivates an environment of continual learning in information architecture including setting of best practices and business processes
Adheres to policies related to copyright compliance, global trade controls, global privacy and information protection in support of business requirements.
Provides guidance and collaborates with business partners to support long range business planning to meet vocabulary and classification requirements
Substantive experience in information architecture modeling principles, practices, industry applications and systems.
• Candidate must display excellent oral & written communication skills as well as organization and time management skills.
• Candidate must have experience in the ability to facilitate interaction, collaboration and integration with other technical skills teams (i.e. developers) that support information modelling solutions.
• Candidate must have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (ex. Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint).
• Ability to provide customer service including the need to resolve “complex” or “multi-faceted problems” that may require research and/or interdepartmental collaboration.
• Ability to support special projects displaying an aptitude for vocabulary management
• 4+ years of experience in vocabulary management, taxonomy, information architecture, data science, data modeling, computational linguistics or applied computer engineering
PREFERRED DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
In addition to the basic qualifications above, it is desired that candidate should have solid experience in and knowledge of semantic modeling
• Experience in working with SKOS, OWL, SPARQL and RDF
• Professional experience or demonstrated knowledge in aerospace, engineering, or another fields of science & technology.
• Experience with SPARQL
• Experience with natural language processing and semantic artificial intelligence
• Experience with coding languages, especially XML and mark-up languages is strongly preferred
• Experience with Windows CMD line / Powershell scripting
• Advanced Excel proficiency; comfortable with manipulating and transforming data is desirable
• Comprehensive database or information management software application experience
• Advanced experience using project management methodologies, including developing project plans, performance management, and managing issues and risks.
Accredited advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years' related work experience, etc.).
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.