- 195353 - Engineer Radio Frequency Microwave Design 3
- $94.46 to $137.75 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Radio Frequency Microwave Design 3 for an opportunity in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified candidate will work with a diverse and talented team of engineers developing innovative and cost-effective systems that support a broad range of products and business areas across the lifecycle of a program. Applicants should be able to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts while contributing to the development of new principles and concepts.
Responsibilities may include development of antenna architectures, receiver / exciter architectures, requirements generation/flow down; subsystem analysis including hardware from RF to digits, performance modeling, support for performance testing, requirements verification, and more. Work will be performed under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated.
In addition, this candidate should have demonstrated technical ability/leadership and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs)
- Highly integrated subsystems including antenna hardware
- Reflectors, Reflect Arrays, Digital Beam Forming
- Antenna/RF Performance Analysis
- Computational Electromagnetics, Statistics
- Antenna or Subsystem Control Design
- Antenna Measurements and Data Reduction
- Antenna range integration, test, and system integration
- Subsystem requirements (hardware and software) derivation, flow-down, and configuration
- Familiarity working with embedded real time software and digital systems
- Familiarity with firmware development tool suites including Quartus and Vivado
- Comfortable creating test support applications and tools using MATLAB, python, etc
- Experience with agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite, Git
Experienced applicants will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or other related technical degree and have experience designing, developing and/or testing radio frequency (RF) and/or microwave antenna systems and/or related RF hardware. Candidates should have the ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline with 14 years of experience in the areas described in the job description or 12 years of experience with a Master's Degree and/or 9 years of experience with a Ph. D.
- Staff Engineers should have a demonstrated ability in technical and team leadership overseeing engineers with experience at least at the Sr. Principal level.
- Experience using MATLAB
Bachelor's Degree. See requirements.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.