- 195428 - Lead Software Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $90.00 DOE
- 8 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Lead Software Engineer for an opening in Camden, NJ,
• Developing and tracking software development schedules, assigning tasks, and managing cost accounts
• Interfacing and coordinating across engineering disciplines, project engineering and program management
• Overseeing formal design and test reviews, preparing and presenting technical briefings, and reporting project status
• Guiding team members on the application of computer science, engineering, and mathematical concepts to the development of software
• Hands-on leadership contributing to all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and formal testing
• Develop software test plans, procedures, and other relevant technical documentation
• Utilize modeling tools and equipment to conduct experimental tests, prototype, and evaluate results
• Participate in peer reviews, identify, track and repair defects
• Utilize a variety of software languages and tools (e.g., Java, Python, Angular, C++) on Windows, Linux, mobile platforms, and embedded real time operating systems
10+ years of experience developing software for desktop, mobile, and/or web applications with an object-oriented programming language
• 2+ years of demonstrated ability leading small to medium sized software development teams through all phases of the software development lifecycle
• Java and C++ development experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Knowledge of network architectures and protocols
• Experience developing RESTful web APIs
• Experience debugging web applications
• Experience with static code analysis, code coverage tools, and automated test frameworks
• RF knowledge (including SW Defined Radio)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x242 or (800) 927-9318 x242
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.