- 195481 - Mechanical Technician 1
- Up to $35.70 DOE
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Mechanical Technician 1's for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
Supports design and manufacture of hardware in a machine shop setting through use of CNC and manual manufacturing tooling. Responsibilities include manufacture of hardware, training of less experienced personnel, adherence and enforcement of safety standards, and skillset progression through training.
High school diploma/GED.
- Minimum 5 years applicable experience in a machine shop setting
- Experience working with setup and operation of 3+axis CNC equipment
- Experience working with manual machining tooling (band saws, drill press, mill)
- Willingness to assist less experienced co-workers with learning new skills
- Willingness to learn new skillsets related to manufacturing
- Familiarity with basic machine shop safety practices
- Experience programming for 3+axis CNC manufacturing (CAD/CAM experience)
- Past mentorship or leadership experience
- Experience improving manufacturing and shop processes for efficiency gains
High school diploma/GED.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.