- 195496 - Operations Supervisor
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- $25 to $30.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Operations Supervisor for an opening in Anaheim, CA
Reporting directly to the Manager Operations, the Supervisor Production maintains responsibility for leading the employees involved in the production of Electro-mechanical products. The Supervisor Production will be responsible for quality, direct cost and timely delivery of assigned programs, including staff evaluation and counseling/disciplining of employees and may direct the work of support and lead employees assigned to areas and product lines within his/her responsibility. Meet required contract milestones and Program Office requirement.
Directly supervises employees in Teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Create teamwork and motivate employees to achieve team goals.
• Assure regular/frequent communications to all teammates regarding current and future program requirements, production load, production assignments, and current performance.
• Improve efficiency and assembly through-put while maintaining departmental quality objectives.
• Report regularly to Manager Manufacturing on production/material issues and problems affecting his/her area of responsibility.
• Manages all employees under direct supervision, creates and gives periodic performance reviews and issues counseling, warnings or discipline as required.
• Responsible for and must have the ability to instruct or train Manufacturing leads and employees in correct manufacturing practices and procedures to ensure consistent quality and output of work.
• Will be interfacing support groups, such as Planning, Manufacturing Engineering - to ensure that schedules, process and procedures are maintained.
• Execute production plans in accordance with Planning Dispatch reports and provide direction on manpower distribution among teams (if necessary) to ensure the timeliness of scheduled completion dates.
• Will create and justify personnel requisitions for new or replacement employee as required and present to Operations management for review and approval.
• Responsible for direct labor estimates for products produced under his/her management.
• Will work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering group in the selection tools or tooling that may be required to assemble products under his/her responsibility.
• Will be required to attend regular meetings and reports status and problems associated with products under direct responsibility.
• Must show the ability and leadership qualities to supervise personnel in non-confrontational manner while obtaining maximum efficiency from those under his/her supervision.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
• Must have background and experience with the supervision of personnel assembling and soldering products to the high quality commercial requirements includes ANSI/J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
• Proficient in the reading and interpretation of assembly and wiring drawings.
• Proficient in the use of personal computers with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Demonstrate skills in organization, clear communications, ethical practices, dependability, process and procedure implementation, and leadership abilities.
• Team player with solid conviction towards process control, discipline, and willing to uphold the 6 Cores Values/Behaviors.
• Willing to demonstrate the ability to enforce company’s rules and regulation effectively and professionally.
• Possess exceptional people skills and job knowledge with the ability to motivate his or her subordinates.
High School Diploma or GED with minimum 10 years of experience, Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years prior experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 6 years of prior experience in military production programs and electro-mechanical assembly, including qualified Electro-mechanical assemblers who have demonstrated strong leadership skills.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.