- 195545 - Software Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for an opening in Palmdale, CA
Candidate will assist the technical lead in all aspects of the software development process in support of the product team. Candidate may also have the opportunity to help lead cross functional Agile teams as a Scrum Master or Product Owner. Candidate will be a liaison between teams within the program including coordination with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed. Candidate will have experience coordinating on significant technical matters in order to maximize program products and efforts.
Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design & implementation, and integration in support of airborne & ground-based systems.
Responsibilities may span the avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
• Programming experience with one or more of the following software languages: Ada, C, C++, C#, Java, and/or Python
• Experience with the software development lifecycle in a team environment
• Developing software for embedded systems, simulations, and/or modeling environments
• Experience in software/hardware integration
• Navigation, Guidance, and Control systems
• Programming MIL-STD-1553 busses
• Experience in an Agile Software Development as a Scrum Master and/or Product Owner
• Windows or Linux application or server-side development
• Ability to travel up to 10%
Demonstrated experience with the following:
• Prior team technical leadership experience
• Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
• Ability to deliver results for the business in partnership with program managers and other functional disciplines/organizations as needed
• Strong decision making and judgement
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a STEM discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.