- 195555 - Test Engineer
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $38.50 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Engineer for an opening in Anaheim, CA
Under limited supervision, this position will use acquired Electrical Engineering skills to work closely with design and project engineers in the development of test procedures, processes that are comprehensive, efficient and reliable in the effort to increase the test yield at the system level.
• Works with Engineering in developing the appropriate design for test methodology for new and existing products
• Develops and validates Automated Test Programs and fixtures, as well as leads the selection of suitable test equipment for the manufacturing test process
• Coordinates with manufacturing floor and Failure Review Board team in reviewing test failure data and develops methods to continually reduce and eliminate test escapes
• Writes detailed test procedures needed for manufacturing test
• Provides training and guidance to manufacturing test group on proper use of test equipment and/or fixtures
• Provides estimates of labor and material required to satisfy proposal and contract requirements
• Coordinates and/or assists design engineers as needed on new product qualification tasks
• Assists manufacturing test technicians in trouble shooting, and/or repair failed test equipment and/or electronic assemblies
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management
• Experience in writing and/or creating LabView or equivalent test program for Automated Test Equipment
• Experience with drawings, parts lists, engineering orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics and repair procedures
• Experience with related test equipment used to test power and digital systems
• Experience in preparation of test procedures, troubleshooting complex electronic systems, and related test engineering tasks to ensure product’s performance meets customer requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in high power applications
• DoD contractor test experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (in Engineering or equivalent technical field, Electrical Engineering is preferred) and minimum 4 years of prior related experience in test engineering or technician role; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.