- 195668 - Engineer Embedded Software 3
- $53.44 to $66.81 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Embedded Software 3 for an opportunity in Chandler, AZ.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded flight software and test tools through the full software life cycle for a launch vehicle. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop plans, track progress, and support internal and external program and customer meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience.
Candidates should have experience with large real-time embedded systems and the full software development lifecycle.
• Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
• Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and unit test
• Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
• Experience with an Agile software development process
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience
• Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
• Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
• Experience with space craft or launch systems embedded software development is highly desired
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.