- 195688 - Configuration Control Administrator
- Up to $20.00 DOE
- 5 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Configuration Control Administrator for an opening in Tulsa, OK.
• Reviews proposed changes in product design to determine effect on engineering documents such as drawings, test specifications, manuals, etc. and ensures all documents have required approvals.
• Corrects and/or communicates to originators errors in documentation discovered during review.
• Creates and maintains current drawing revisions, where required, inventory item masters, standard Bills of Material from drawings prepared by Engineering department.
• Compiles release packages ensuring all documentation is present. Maintains drawing file of drawings to latest revision level on all engineering documents.
• Sends notifications to Purchasing, Fabrication, Assembly, or other appropriate parties as new and revised documents are released.
• Notifies appropriate departments of any new or updated data.
• Prepares and maintains Configuration Management procedures, work instructions, forms as defined in the company Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) relating to Engineering Processes/Documentation Control. Represents Configuration Control on the Configuration Control Board as defined Consults with personnel in the operating groups to determine, establish, or verify facts or figures in connection with data being processed.
• Researches and resolves inconsistencies with design documentation, production, material, or program office.
• Creates and coordinates Field Instruction jobs for all programs.
• Maintains audit trails.
• Utilize the “Configuration Management System” for recording As-built configurations.
• Conduct internal Configuration Management Audits.
• Preparation of Customer Submittals under the direction of the Configuration Manager.
• Log and assign control numbers to Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Orders and Engineering Model Change Requests.
• Maintain ERP (MTO) system per approved engineering document requirements.
• Run copies of all types of documents requested.
• Scan and index MPS documents and drawings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
1. General computer skills and knowledge required for operation of the following software programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, the MPS engineering document management system, Made 2 Manage, Agile PLM and Costpoint. Note that experience with the last three is beneficial but not required.
2. Proficient in record management, communication and organizational skills.
3. General understanding of engineering drawings and engineering orders.
4. Ability to operate copy and scanning equipment.
5. Knowledge of Configuration Management policies and procedures.
6. Knowledge of Drafting and Design standards.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate at worst.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) ; and 3 months to 2 years similar related experience in a Military Standard or ISO certified Document Control environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, the client is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.